Monday, October 12, 2009

1-2-3 Chocolate Cake

I have had many people ask me for this recipe. This recipe came from Becca Brandley's mom, JoAnne Keeffer. This is the best cake in the whole wide word. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Step 1:
In pan combine:

1 stick margarine
3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup shortening

Bring to boil

Step 2:
Sift together 2 cups flour and 2 cups sugar in large mixing bowl.

Pour step 1 into step 2.

Step 3:
Mix together in small bowl

2 eggs, well beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add to steps 1 and 2
Bake in 400* oven for 20 minutes

Icing:
In a sauce pan put:

1 stick margarine
3 1/2 teaspoons cocoa
1/3 cup milk

Stir constantly and bring to a boil.

In a bowl put 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add the mixture to the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Pour over cake while it is still hot. ENJOY!

No comments: